Friday, December 05, 2008

Chemistry final.

Boy I guessed my ass off today at my chemistry final. I'm kind of ashamed of that, but it's true. As I tallied my grade to see what I would need to make on the final I found that it was not possible for me to fail the course, even if I didn't take the final, and I only needed to get 49 out of the 100 questions right to get a B. The B is also the highest I am able to make, even if I aced the final. So basically I had a goal of 49% to aim for. This made me lazy. I did study, quite a bit, but I guess I could have done more. I showed up this morning feeling very confident because again, I DID study. I looked at the test and drew a very large blank. I knew a lot of the answers, but guessed on a very large proportion of them. I guessed on enough of them that I was actually worried that I might not get that 49%. I fretted all morning until just now. I got 86 out of 100 of them right. Now that was some masterful guess work if I do say so myself!


(EDIT)

Susan pointed out that I fibbed a little, and I didn't do it on purpose. I forgot that the teacher added 15 points to our final exam score due to grading on a curve, so I actually got a 71... not so good. But, I guess it's the final score that matters the most.


No comments: