Wednesday, June 15, 2005
1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word "PSYCHE".
2. You watched the Pound Puppies.
3. You can sing the rap to the "Fresh Prince of Belair " ...and can do the "Carlton".
4. Girls wore biker shorts under their skirts and felt stylishly sexy.
5. You yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters club and tried to start a club of your own.
6. You owned those lil' Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls.
7. You know that "WOAH " comes from Joey on Blossom.
8. Two words: Hammer Pants.
9. If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock ".
10. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars... and "spokey-dokes" or playing cards on your spokes for that incredible sound effect.
11. You can sing the entire theme song to "Duck Tales". (Woo ooh!)
12. When it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
13. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
14. You saw the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles " on the big screen... and still know the turtles names.
15. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.
16. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.
17. You played the game "MASH ". (Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House)
18. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.
19. L.A. Gear... need I say more.
20. You wanted to change your name to "JEM " in Kindergarten. (She's truly outrageous)
21. You remember reading "Tales of a fourth grade nothing " and all the Ramona books.
22. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF".
23. You wanted to be a Goonie.
24. You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (some of us... head-to-toe)
25. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted.
26. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
27. You took lunch boxes to school... and traded Garbage Pail Kids in the schoolyard.
28. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
29. You still get the urge to say "NOT " after every sentence.
30. You remember Hypercolor t-shirts.
31. Barbie and the Rockers was your favorite band.
32. You thought She-ra (Princess of Power!) and He-Man should hookup.
33. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
34. You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes. (and like #24, probably in neon colors, too)
35. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I?"
36. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up"
37. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.
38. You ever got seriously injured on a Slip and Slide.
39. You have ever played with a Skip-It.
40. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonalds.
41. You've gone through this nodding your head in agreement.
42. You remember Popples.
43. "Don't worry, be happy"
44. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks.
45. You wore socks scrunched down (and sometimes still do...getting yelled at by "younger hip" members of the family)
46. "Miss MARY MACK MACK MACK, all dressed in BLACK BLACK BLACK "
47. You remember boom boxes. and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.
48. You remember watching both "Gremlins" movies.
49. You know what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare!"
50. You remember watching "Rainbow Bright" and "My Little Pony Tales "
51. You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot.
52. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.
53. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool... and don't even flinch when people refer to them as "NKOTB".
54. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By the Bell ", the ORIGINAL class.
55. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.
56. You just sang those words to yourself.
57.You remember watching Magic vs. Bird.
58. Homemade Levi shorts. (the shorter the better)
59. You remember when mullets were cool!
60. You had a mullet!
61. You still sing "We are the World"
62. You tight rolled your jeans.
63. You owned a bannana clip.
64. You remember "Where's the Beef?"
65. You used to (and probably still do) say "What you talkin' about Willis?"
66. You had big hair and you knew how to use it.
67. You're still singing shot through the heart in your head,aren't you!
Sunday, May 08, 2005
John de Brinkele was the Abbot of the Abbey of Bury St Edmunds from 16 November 1361 until 31 December 1379. He had the 'Brinkley Luck' in that he survived the Black Death of 1347 and he missed the Peasants' revolt of 1381!
Richard Brinkley was the head of the Franciscan Order of Monks in England from 1518 to 1526. His official title was Provincial Minister.
John Brinkley was baptised in Woodbridge Suffolk in 1767. He became the first Astronomer Royal for Ireland. He took Holy Orders and became Bishop of Cloyne in Cork, Ireland. He held this post from 1826 until his death in 1835. He was the only Brinkley to be granted a Coat of Arms, granted in 1827.
The Japanese Expert
Francis Brinkley (known as Captain Frank Brinkley) was the grandson of the above Bishop. He served in the Royal Artillery and went out to Japan as Military Attache. He was born in 1841 in Ireland and he died in 1912 in Japan. He married a Japanese lady, became an expert on the Japanese Language and wrote one of the first English&emdash;Japanese dictionaries. He also wrote some scholarly works on Japanese history and culture. At one time he was the Times correspondent for Japan. His descendants are the only present day Brinkleys who are entitled to use the Brinkley Coat of Arms.
Richard Brinkley was born in the town of Eye near Peterborough in 1855. On 31/8/1907 he was hanged in Wandsworth prison for poisoning. His case was reported at length in the Times. He was one of the first people to be convicted of murder by means of forensic evidence. Richard Brinkley was a carpenter who met a lady called Maria Blume in 1907 and formed a plan to acquire her property. He drew up a will leaving himself all her money and secured her signtauure by telling her he was collecting names for a trip to the seaside. He obtained the signature of two witnesses in the same way. Then he slipped cyanide into her drink. A doctor certified that her death was from natural causes. But the relatives became suspicious on seeing the will and when it became obvious that the witnesses would be questioned, Richard B decided that they would have to die as well! He went to call on the first witness, a man called Parker, on the pretext of buying a dog and presented him with a bottle of poisoned stout. Parker left it on the kitchen table while they went to inspect the dog. While they were away, Parker's landlord, a man named Beck, came in with his wife and saw the bottle on the table. He poured himself and his wife a drink after which they both collapsed and diedwithin minutes.
James Brinkley was hanged for Piracy on 19 July 1723 at Newport, Rhode Island in America. He gave his age as 28 and said that he was born in Suffolk. We have not yet found the exact date of his baptism.
Oxford English Dictionary Connection
Stephen Brinckley is quoted in the Oxford English Dictionary. In his will of 1546 he leaves his 'tossle gentle' to the local vicar. This is the only spelling that they could find of tercel-gentle which is a male peregrine falcon. Stephen lived in Calais but came from Boston in Lincolnshire. This is not the same Stephen Brinkley who was tortured in the Tower of London in 1581 for distributing Catholic Literature. We think that he also came from Lincolnshire.
Sterling Gardner Brinkley was born in Georgia, USA in 1884. He was both and Educationalist and a Missionary. He taught at Soochow University in China for nine years and he often preached in Chinese.
The One Armed Boatman
Charlie Brinkley was the ferryman across the River Deben in Suffolk until his death in 1963. His grandchildren still live in Felixstowe and his grand-daugheter Anne is married to the current boatman, John White. Everyone in this part of Suffolk knew Charlie because he had only one arm and used a hook to hold the second oar. Nearby is the RAF base at Bawdsey which was an important radar base during The Second World War. A crucial piece of equipment used there at that time was named the Brinkley Hook, in honour of Charlie.
The Goat Gland Doctor
John R Brinkley (b 1885 d 1942) achieved notoriety in the States in the 1920s and 1930s. He is best remembered for his goat gland operation which he performed on men with low libido: he transplanted goat testicles into no less than 16000 men's scrotums. He was also a pioneer of radio advertising. There is a web page dedicated to his extraordinary career. In fact there are lots of items about him on the web. Type John R Brinkley into a good search engine such as google.com and it will come up with a lot of relevant hits.
Christie Brinkley is undoubtedly the best known Brinkley of the modern era. Born in 1953, she is famous as a super model and was once married to the singer Billy Joel who wrote the song Uptown Girl about her. She lives on Long Island near New York and there are many web pages devoted to her. In fact if you search anywhere on the web with the name Brinkley, it is usually Christie Brinkley web pages which will turn up on top of the pile. Christie was in fact not born a Brinkley. Brinkley is the name of her step father which she took when her mother remarried when she was still a young girl.
Monday, May 02, 2005
Why Geeks and Nerds Are Worth It...
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: Sun Apr 03 21:30:08 2005
In the wide world of dating, there are many options. Do you go for the flashy guy with the smooth smile, or the dude in the corner typing away on his laptop? The following are reasons why I think my fellow females should pay more attention to the quiet geeks and nerds, and less attention to the flashy boys.
1.) While geeks and nerds may be awkward, they’re well-meaning 9 out of 10 times. That smooth dude with the sly grin and the spider hands? Wonder what HIS intentions are... plus, I’ve never had a geek guy not call me when he said he would. Score major points THERE.
2.) They’re useful. In this tech-savvy world, it’s great to have a b/f who can make your laptop, desktop, and just about anything else that plugs into a wall behave itself.
3.) They’re more romantic than they’re given credit for. Ok true, their idea of romance might be to make up a spiffy web-page with all the reasons why they love you, with links to pics of you and sonnets and such... but hey. It lasts longer than flowers, plus you can show your friends.
4.) Due to their neglected status, there are plenty to choose from. You like ‘em tall and slender? There are plenty of geeks/nerds who are. You like ‘em smaller with more meat on their bones? Got that too.
5.) They’ve got brains. Come on now, how can intelligence be a bad thing?
6.) Most are quite good at remembering dates. Like birthdates and such, especially if they know it’ll make you happy. Due again to their neglected status, they’re more attentive than guys who “have more options”. Plus, with all that down time without a steady girlfriend, they’ll likely have mental lists of all the things they’d love to do once they GOT a girlfriend.
7.) Sex. Yep. Sex. I’m not really familiar with this myself, but I’ve friends who’ve been intimate with geek guys and it’s raves all around. They say a virgin wrote the Kama Sutra... all that time thinking about sex, imagining sex, dreaming about sex, (they are male after all) coupled with a desire to make you happy? Use your imagination.
8.) They’re relatively low-maintenance. Most can be fueled on pizza, Twinkies and Mt Dew. No complicated dinners needed here, so if you’re not the best cook, eh. Can you order a pizza?
9.) Most frequent bars as often as slugs frequent salt mines. You won’t have to worry much about your geek guy getting his “groove” on with club hotties because, frankly, he’ll be too busy rooting around under his computer wondering where that spare cable went. You won’t have to worry about him flirting with other women because, 9 out of 10 times, he’ll zip right by them in a perfect b-line towards the nearest electronics store. I’ve seen this happen.
Me: “Eww. Victoria Secret’s Models... They’re so skinny. How is that feminine? You can see her ribs!”
Geek Guy: “ooooooo...”
Me: “Hey!” *notices he is staring lustfully towards the computer store*
Geek Guy: “What?”
Me: “Never mind...”
10.) Although he may not want to go to every outing with you, you can arrange swaps, as in, you’ll go to his Gamer Con dressed as an elf princess if he’ll take you to the ballet. Plus, if he doesn’t want to go someplace with you, you won’t have to worry much about what he’s up to. You’ll probably come home to find him asleep on his keyboard in a sea of Mt. Dew cans with code blinking from the screen. It’s ok. He’s used to this. Just toss a blanket over him and turn out the light.
11.) His friends aren’t jerks. I can’t stress this enough. You’ll more likely get “Omg! A GIRL!! Can I see?!” than “Hey hot stuff back that ass up here and let me get some grub on...” They’re awkward geeks too and will, 9 times out of 10, treat you with the utmost respect and, more than likely, a note of awe. A cute girl picked one of their clan to date? It could happen to them! Hope! Drag some of your single girlfriends over, open up a pack of Mt. Dew, crack open the DnD set and get working. Nothing impresses geek guys more than a girl who can hack-n-slash (well ok maybe if she can code... a geek can dream).
12.) They’re rarely if ever possessive. They trust you, so you can be yourself around them. You like to walk around the house in a ratty t-shirt for comfort? He won’t care. He does too! They won’t get pissy if you don’t wear make-up or don’t want to bother primping your hair. If you gain a few pounds, they won’t try their best to make you feel like crap.
13.) They’re usually very well educated. Physics majors and the like. See #5. You won’t have to listen to him blathering on about his car (ok maybe a little), he’ll have loads of other interesting things to talk about. Politics, world events, how much the chicken burgers down at the local place rock, so long as you douse them in hot sauce...
14.) You’ll almost never have to hear, “Yaw dawg whazzap!!” plop out of their mouths. Unless it’s in jest. They spell properly, use correct punctuation, and are able to tell the difference between the toilet and the floor. They almost never get “wasted”, so you won’t have to worry about coming home to find him and his friends passed out on the floor amidst a pile of beer bottles. Mt. Dew cans, perhaps...
15.) And the final reason why geeks and nerds make great boyfriends: They actually give a damn about you. Not how you look (though that’s a plus), not how skinny you are, not how much make-up you primp yourself up with, but they like you for you. That kind of thing lasts longer than “DaMN baby you got a fine ass!!!” Believe me.
Tuesday, April 26, 2005
Friday, April 08, 2005
Thursday, April 07, 2005
Tuesday, April 05, 2005
Wednesday, March 30, 2005
Tuesday, March 29, 2005
Now, I haven't read what's on the page yet, but I think it's kind of durty with a capital U... Anyhow I just noticed that the guy in the pictures looks alot like me... well, exept his hair looks like mine when I first get out of bed... or now, on a day when I decide to wait a while before gussying up... SO, you be the judge, is it my evil twin?
Or am I just going crazy... Well, I know I'm probably going crazy but still...
Saturday, March 26, 2005
Wednesday, March 16, 2005
Monday, March 14, 2005
Monday, March 07, 2005
1. What time is it: 12:32 AM
2. Name as it appears on birth certificate: Justin Dale Brinkley
3. Nicknames: Buck, Brinkley, Binkey, Bubba etc.
4. Piercing: One ring in each ear, done the right way with a needle... guns are bad... it irks me that Oprah had her ears done with a gun.
5. What is the most recent movie you've seen in the
theater? Phantom of the Opera
8. Favorite foods: Eel sushi
9. Ever been to Africa: No
10. Ever been toilet papering: yep... lotsa times
12. Been in a car accident: Not according to my driving record... that's all I have to say about that
13. Croutons or bacon bits: anything crunchy is good
14. Favorite day of the week: I like weekends cause I see susan alot
24. Before this one, from who did you get your last
e-mail: Last real email that wasn't junk: racingfrogs.com it's not junk... I was bored
likely to respond: I have but one thing to say to that, Baroobatooba
30. Who are you most curious about their responses to
this questionnaire:I'm not
31. Favorite TV Shows:Extreme Elimination Challenge
33. Ford or Chevy: Chevy
40. Where in the world would you most like to visit? Canada, to stay
44. What is your favorite holiday? I don't like holidays
45. Favorite time of day? Sunrise
52. What is your least favorite noise? Alarm Clock
I almost forgot... here's the link... click me
Monday, February 28, 2005
Saturday, February 26, 2005
Wednesday, February 16, 2005
Tuesday, February 15, 2005
I felt bad because I can't afford to get Susan anything, she is so wonderful and deserves so much. I had lots of ideas on stuff I could make and finally ended up carving her a heart out of a bar of soap... I was originally going to make it like a candy heart, and write a message on it... but soap is harder to carve than I thought, it took me 3 days to get it looking "hearty" enough to give to her. I don't think she liked it because it's still sitting up on my computer but oh well... I spent all day trying to get a flower to give her, all I have is like 40 cents... I drove all around the residential neigborhoods looking for a giveable flower... I planned to ask the owner if I could have one, not just steal it, but I couldn't find any. I then went to two different flower shops and asked if I could work for a single tulip... hoping maybe they would let me take out the trash or sweep or something just for a single flower... maybe they would take pity on me and just give me one, they only cost like a dollar and change, but to my suprise I was actually asked to leave one place and the other just said "sorry no". Lastly I went to a few parks looking but couldn't find any there either. I finally just gave up and spent most of the day reading under a tree between attempts to fly my kite. Susan gave me an amazing back rub for valentines day, I feel so much better :)
Tuesday, February 08, 2005
I mean, he's obviously got bawls, his name is Colin... now he could have pronounced it like colin farrell does, but no he takes the pronunciation of his name that I'm sure some asshole kid in school made up to make fun of him and said... fuck you, I'm using it, cause I'm a badass. I mean, I got called Justin Stinkley, too ton, bigg'n etc; and I just took it, or punched people... Col. Powell just took it and ran with it... That's cool as shit in my eyes. I was just watching condoleeza rice, his replacement, at a press confrence. And she's great and all, but I can't help but get that buyer's remorse feeling... Like we just downgraded... I dunno, I just feel like Colin kind of kept ol Georgie Porgie from making things worse than he already has, and now he's not there...
Ok, well, that's all I have to say for now... Susan's gonna make fun of me and say I have a crush on Colin Powell now... damn...
Friday, January 28, 2005
Wednesday, January 26, 2005
Sunday, January 23, 2005
Anyway tomorrow I'm goin to a temp agency to see if they can get me some work... I miss work...
Saturday, January 22, 2005
Wednesday, January 19, 2005
Saturday, January 15, 2005
Thursday, January 13, 2005
Saturday, January 08, 2005
Ah well, I got "hired by GTI last week, I suppose it's news you should put in your journal, I've just had a hard time getting excited over it because they don't seem to have their shit together.
They said "you're hired, we want you in our next training class... but we don't know when that will be"
Fuckers... Should be next week or the week after, but they aren't sure...
I'm ready to start working again so I can take some of the strain off Susan. She's so amazing, she's selflessly supported me and shared everything with me... it really pains me to think that I would create stress for her, but I know it does :(
Let's go ahead and make this some sort of acceptance speech,
I'd like to thank my beautiful girlfriend Susan for supporting me through all this even though I know it's been rough for her, she is so beautiful and so amazing... I could never imagine having a better person by my side...
I'd also like to thank my badass roomate Jeff for helping me with rent and stuff no questions asked, just does it... He is the nicest guy ever.
Also John rawks steady, he's helped me out financially like a champ.
I'd also like to thank my friend Megan, cause she made some badass puppy chow and I know she's always here to give me good advice and moral support... and she has funny as ferrets... one day when I figure out how I'll post a video example...
ok, so it sounds like I'm being played off stage, soon the long cane will come out and hook me... so I'm out...
Friday, January 07, 2005
Thursday, January 06, 2005
Monday, January 03, 2005
or that one... there, are they gone now... phew, stodgy bastards, I thought they'd never leave... ok so now that we're alone let me tell you, bliggitieflarmblast ballogato big toe baroo... damn straight
Sunday, January 02, 2005
there's some fun stuff there if you wanna sift through it... I may, if I feel industrious, make a giant blog post with the whole livejournal backdated... you can also view my sculptures and stuff at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/clayismyrelease/
thanks for lookin and I always appreciate comments...