Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Reading habits

Reading habits
By Dana Kraus

~*~* Okay guys, you know the drill. Please copy this into your own notes or blog, remove my answers, then add your own and share, so we can get to know you better! ~*~*

1. Do you snack while you read?


I can't multitask! If I could, I probably would.

2. Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?

Again, I can't do more than one thing at a time, so reading AND writing simultaneously isn't possible.

3. How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open?

I use whatever random piece of scrap paper at hand, usually a gum wrapper or and old business card.

4. Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?

Both! I go on kicks where all I read is non-fiction, then switch back to fiction for a while, then back to non-fiction.

5. Hardcopy or audiobooks?

I read at a weird pace, and often go over lines more than once so that I can get the full meaning of them, so audiobooks bother me.

6. Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point?

I can stop wherever I need to, but I prefer to read to some sort of stopping point.

7. If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away? Write it down to look it up later?

I usually just ask Susan, but if I can I will look it up.


8. What are you currently reading?

My Texas history book, a book on cattle ranching (also for history), and a cheesy war novel called The Common Defense by Ed Ruggero. It's actually not that cheesy...

9. What is the last book you bought?

George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones from his Song of Fire and Ice series. I can't wait to read it.

10. Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can read more than one at a time?

I'm okay with a few books at once. Well, not like... literally at the same time, you know, the whole multitasking thing.

11. Do you like re-reading books?

Yes, but only if several years have passed, and I have forgotten most of it.


No comments: