Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Gone Country?



Susan's aunt took us to what was my first country concert ever last weekend. It was a lot of fun! I don't know any of the songs, at least I won't admit to it, but I loved watching Susan sing and dance. I usually count mullets and mowhawks when I go to a concert, as I usually attend some sort of metal show. I figured I'd at least be able to count mullets, but no. Not one single mullet. There were a BUNCH of girls wearing very little except cowboy boots. So I just counted those instead. The artists playing at the concert were Darius "don't call me Hootie" Rucker, who Susan has a crush on. He and his new band did a bunch of new songs, and some of his old Blowfish tunes, which was pretty cool. Here's a picture of him dancing, or something, with an Xbox360 controller, which earns my respect.


Then there was Dierks Bentley, who basically sang about sex in many different ways. That was fun. And finally the headliner, uh oh... I can't remember his name. He was wearing a Star Trek shirt, which I thought was cool... but what was his name... hold on I'll go look...Brad Paisley! He put on a fun show, with lots of cool lights and videos and stuff going on all over the place. In one song they had cartoon versions of themselves running around on screens behind them and the band interacted with them. That was actually very cool. Anyway, that was my first country concert, and I had fun! The music was fun, and I might be more apt to pay attention to it from now on. But for now I think I'll stick to viking metal...

I actually had that helmet when I was little :)



No comments: